Many ask: What exactly do you do in Honduras?
We live out the 2 Timothy 2:2 motto “The things, which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”
Our ministry in Honduras through SCORE International is unique, because our commitment is to the local church. We assist in planting churches, training leaders and mobilization of believers, to accomplish the Great Commission. Our full-time mission team is on the ground year round, and partner with nationals to train and encourage believers to be obedient to the Scriptures, making disciples of all nations. Many churches have outreach ministries already established. This allows us to use North American teams to partner along side the work they are already doing. In this way, dependencies are not created. Our closest partnering church is Iglesia Bautista Renacer (Born Again Baptist Church) in San Pedro Sula. We have begun reaching out to Choluteca, Tegucigalpa, La Ceiba, Copan, as well as two other Central American Countries.
What does your ministry look like from week to week?
David continues to serve and learn under the leadership of Ryan and Dario, our veteran field missionaries in SCORE Honduras.
- Leads a small group Bible study in our home on Wednesday nights.
- Serves in the welcome committee at church (Inviting and welcoming visitors).
- Travels with the SCORE team to schools for One-day camps, where he shares the gospel, and teaches on Dangers on the Internet, morals and values, and much more.
- Is one of the speakers when speaking to church youth on sexual purity and the Bible conference called “Crazy town”.
- Helps to teach and assist in discipleship classes for growing church believers.
- Translates / interprets in Spanish / English for teams and guest speakers.
- Serves in logistics of preparation and transportation of U.S. teams.
- Serves other missionaries who leave their vehicles on our property while traveling to the U.S.
- Hosts Pastors and missionaries in our home as the need arises.
- Works on construction projects both with local churches, and like minded ministries.
- Her main ministry is to support her husband and son by being a stay at home wife and mother.
- Teaches English in our home multiple times a week to both children and adults, with the goal of evangelism and discipleship.
- Hosts a Neighborhood Kid’s Club every Thursday afternoon which includes a Bible lesson, singing, craft, and a snack.
- Volunteers in our church nursery.
- Helps host Bible study in our home by providing refreshments and making people feel at home.
- Helps host families, missionaries, and pastors in our home when the need arises.